Lessons learned from hanging crown molding:
1. Just because the guy at Home Depot says he cut the 16 ft pieces in half for you, does not mean he cut exactly at the 8ft mark. Had I double checked his measurements, we could have save some time and cuts.
2. You need an air compressor to use a nail gun. A tidbit that not a single person mentioned as I was shopping for this tool. Lucky for me, I have a new neighbor who was happy to help out and let me borrow his at the last minute.
3. Just start hanging the molding and cut the last piece on the wall to fit. We measured beforehand and that turned out to be a waste of time. Especially since my molding pieces were not exactly 8 ft like we assumed. Throw in the mental gymnastics of doing fractions and it was a comical night. Hey we laughed, A LOT!!!! :)

WOW, JoJo that looks AWESOME! I'm very proud of you! When's the house warming party? We live so close.
ReplyDelete